My blog whilst I'm in Japan, 17th to 29th July, 2006, and hopefully sometime thereafter.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Matsushima

Professor Shinohara and two of his students took me for the afternoon on Tuesday. Matsushima is one of Japan's three great beauty spots.


The photos of Matsushima on my flickr site don't capture it's full glory, although Matsushima at sunrise is stunning.

We visited the Zuiganji Temple (btw, temples are Buddhist, shrines are Shinto):


and Fukuurijima Island:


Afterwards, they found a yakitoriya for me and we had various chicken parts barbequed on skewers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

9:55 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

1:17 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home