My blog whilst I'm in Japan, 17th to 29th July, 2006, and hopefully sometime thereafter.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Quantum computing

My project is Novel Machine Learning Approaches to Molecular Coherent Control. Professor Fujimura invited me to give a talk to his lab in the Chemistry Department on Wednesday. Afterward, three of his staff described their work to me. Two were working on designing laser pulses to implement operators needed in quantum computing (for Grover's algorithm and Shor's algorithm), fascinating stuff. The third had done some interesing work that casts doubt on the validity of my field as a whole, I tend to agree with it.

More details on my JPA webpage, including the slides for the presentation (I used PNGs this time, but it's still a PPS). Here's the first slide:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

3:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home